Monday, June 20, 2011

mini album and holder for my brother

My brother is coming for a visit to meet up with his daughter this July and I thought it would be fun to have a little mini album made up for him to place photos in.The album holder is made from a wooden box that I had purchased from the dollar store!the papers used are from the Tim Holtz idea-ology paper stack called Lost and Found, cardstock is the new Tim Holtz color core. I took photos of all the pages and tags enjoy :) Oh I didn't want to put to much embellishments on, the album needed to fit inside the case.

still haven't decided what I will put on the circle tag hmm

1 comment:

  1. WOWSERS, Donna!!!

    This is just MAGNIFICENT!!! OVER THE TOP!!!

    Unbelievable that you paid only $1.25 for the curved wooden boxes!! How you decorated the one for your brother is AMAZING!!

    You know me...always have LOTS of questions about your creative process...

    What did you use to adhere the paper to the wooden box? Mod Podge? I am sitting here, shaking my head in AWE.

    Tell me about the book's binding...most of the pages seem to have a rust colored section of card stock, with "X's" punched in them. Are they simply decorative? Or, do they have a function in the binding of the book?

    I love how most of the facing book pages have same-color paper! Provides a visual cohesiveness.

    Please describe how you colored the tags. They are BREATHTAKING!! (You know how "RUSTIC" just RINGS MY BELL!)

    You embellished the book PERFECTLY! Just right! Not too much...not too little.

    I think this book & box duo are my FAVORITES of EVERYTHING you have made!!! I'M DROOLING!!

    ReplyDelete