Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Compendium of Curiosities 3 challenge #8

I have been on holidays and missed a couple of the challenges. I am back with just a couple days left to enter challenge #8

The challenge we are working on is from page 58 Faded Layers.

I love these stencils!

I cannot tell you how I did this piece but I will tell you what colours I used.
The alcohol inks I used were sunset orange, clover, stream and silver. I also used a bit of silver acrylic paint. For the ribbon I used spiced marmalade, and tumbled glass.

I am needing to make a few thank you cards so I thought I would start making them now :)
Once again The Funkie Junkie Boutique is sponsoring this challenge with a 25.00 shopping spree!

If you would like to enter the challenge or join in on the next one you can join up at Studio L3

I am off to go get inky :)
enjoy your week everyone!
Donna



3 comments:

  1. So beautiful! LOVE the colors and background! A card to treasure! Thank you so much for joining on on this Faded Layers challenge at CC3Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Donna. Your thank you card is so pretty! I love the alcohol ink colors you chose to create your faded layers background. Very striking! That distressed yellow-gold ribbon is a beautiful embellishment for your card! Love that you've mounted it on black cardstock. That really frames out your colors so perfectly. Thanks so much for sharing with us at CC3C. <3 Candy

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fabby card, loving how you used the technique and that pop of orange on the ribbon really sets the whole card off... Thanks for playing along with the CC3 Challenge, hope to see you again soon x

    ReplyDelete