Monday, March 14, 2016

My mothers name plate

My mother had moved into an independent seniors home. Right away I wanted to make her a special name plate for her door. I was finally able to make one for her.




and here is a closer look


I really like how it turned out and was hoping she would like it as much as I do. Well to my surprise she teared right up when she looked at it. Her comments were so moving. She is afraid that someone will take it . So she brings it in every night and hangs it back out again every morning :) So sweet. When I went to hang it up  that is when we both realized how it matched the colour of her name that was on the door already. It wasn't planned!


And now a little info on how I made it. I picked up the wooden oval from the dollarstore. I removed the chain that was attached to it then painted it with white acrylic paint. I replaced the chain with the ribbon I knew that my mother would like it better with the ribbon. All the flowers were handmade by me. I used a Martha Stewart punch to create the doily background. The butterfly was a die from Stampin Up. I used my cricut to cut out the name Rose. I think that covers it. If there is anything else you would like to know, please feel free to ask :)


Now I am off to make my card challenge for thursday's club night

Talk to you all soon and take care
Donna

2 comments:

  1. Donna, the name plate you created is STUNNING! Truly LOVELY.

    I am sure you made your mom feel VERY SPECIAL.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Deb! she really did feel SPECIAL and loved. I am so glad that I am able to make her something that means so much to her.

      Delete