Friday, July 21, 2017

Herringbone Quilted Card

Yes, you read that correctly lol I needed to make a birthday card for one of my sisters and I know that she loves quilts. I decided to go onto pinterest and look around. I always hesitate or think twice before going on to pinterest cause I know that I will be there for hrs!. I settled on the herringbone technique and LOVE it. So easy and fun to do.

Here is the finished card



I had used some beautiful but older designer series paper from Stampin up! called  Everyday Enchantment.

I really did not want to take away from the pattern so I opted for a small sentiment that way I could still see the beautiful paper at work. The stamped sentiment on the front of the card came from Teeny Tiny Wishes.
And yes, I used two of the retired punches, word window, and the modern label. I also used a white opaque pen to make the faux stitches!


 The inside stamped sentiment came from a retired hostess set called Happy Birthday Everyone (love this set).

I am sure she will love this card. She really is an amazing woman :)

Have a great weekend everyone!
Donna

method and a tip:

I did not really measure the strips they were just kind of random widths.
I had some 2" wide double sided tape laying around so I stuck that onto a piece of  3 3/4 x 5 " piece of cardstock then laid the strips onto the tape.

TIP: Once I had all my strips stuck down and trimmed I turned it over onto an old mouse pad and using a bone folder I burnished on the back. This helped seal all the edges and made a smooth look.
I then mounted it onto a 5 1/4x4" piece of Calypso Coral cardstock.
Then mounted it onto my Very Vanilla cardbase.

Hope you try it out. It really was fun to make.


No comments:

Post a Comment